Shop Slowly at Deciem during November
Deciem decided to help you shop slowly this year and made this month “Knowvember”: A mindful month of education, research, reflection and consideration. They want to set a statement against hyper-consumerism and pollution caused by over-shopping.
By offering a month-long discount and daily education, we hope to empower people with the time and information required to buy less, but better.Deciem on their website
What discounts does Deciem offer?
The sale is straightforward: 23% off of everything in their shop! This includes the following brands:
- Chemistry brand
- The Ordinary
This selection is higher priced than The Ordinary, but you’ll see that they have very sophisticated and intriguing products. These are my top picks from NIOD, which stands for non-invasive options in dermal care:
- MMHC 2 Multi Molecular Hyaluronic Acid (on sale 15 ml for 23,10€): My HG hyaluronic acid serum! This product is from the core line. It’s the second generation of MMHC and offers a multi-dimensional approach for hydrating the skin. There are 15 different hyaluronic compounds. It’s such an effortless and powerful hydrating serum and I have repurchased it several times already.
- NIOD Survival 0: This product is from the Survival range and contains powerful antioxidants to fight the appearance of photo damage, form a physical shield against urban pollution and fight oxidation. Check my review to find out why NIOD Survival 0 is one of my favorite antioxidants and I’m planning to repurchase it!
The ordinary Recommendations
This selection is very affordable – the formulation is straight-forward and you know exactly what you’ll get, so you can customize the right skincare routine for yourself. These are my top picks from The Ordinary:
- Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% (30 ml for 5,54€ on sale): A multifunctioning brightening formula – it targets blemishes and uneven texture and is also an effective antioxidant. It’s a little denser in consistency and acts as good night time moisturizer for my acneprone combination skin. The suspension helps to even my skin out and gives it a calmer healthier look and feel overall. Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% is one of the best skincare discoveries I made this year!
- Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution (240 ml for 6.70€): A chemical exfoliant with AHA to exfoliate the skin’s surface and give your skin the ultimate glow. It’s very effective and lasts for a long time. In fact, I got annoyed and exhausted to use it up, but quickly started missing it after I finally emptied it and repurchased it. It comes in a huge bottle with 240 ml, so you better not open too many acids at once. I love the glow and smooth texture I achieve with the Glycolic Acid 7% Toning solution with no irritation.
- Lactic Acid 5% + HA (30ml for 5.00€ on sale): Lactic acid works wonders for my blemishes. This acid is an AHA that is supposed to be mild and combat irritations. I can always rely on this product to help with breakouts and prevent further bigger blemishes. A HG in my skincare routine!
- Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% (30ml for 4.54€ on sale): This high-strenght Vitamin B3 is indicated to reduce the appearance of skin blemishes and congestion. It’s effective for acneprone skin and active blemishes and I like to use it from time to time. It’s not my favorite product and I get annoyed when the serum starts to crystalize around the dropper, but it’s an affordable option that delivers results. Niaciamide 10% + Zinc 1% is worth trying!
- Granactive Retinoid 2% in Squalane (30 ml for 7.39€ on sale): This solution fights against multiple signs of aging, better than retinol without any of the irritation and drawbacks common with retinol according to the brand. Retinol and retinoids are effective for anti-.aging and skin renewal, but they can be intimidating products to use. I had a good experience with Granactive Retinoid 2% in Squalane and didn’t have any irritations. It helped to smoothe out fine lines and give my skin a more youthful look without causing dryness. Please remember to use sunscreen appropriately, especially if you use actives that can increase sun sensitivity.
- 100% Plant-Derived Squalane (30 ml for 5.54€ on sale): If you don’t need or want retinoids but still want nourishment, you can go for the 100% squalane. It’s a lightweight, plant-derived solution for hydration and nourishment of the skin. It’s skin-like and has a high emollience. You can also use it on your hair if you like.
- Honorable mention – Serum Foundation (30 ml for 5.16€): This lightweight medium-coverage (as it states on the website) foundation is available in a shade range across 21 shades. The shade range is interesting, as they also offer gold or silver higlights and different undertones. My shade is 1.1 N (fair neutral). I would rather call it a lightweight to medium coverage foundation. The texture is very liquidy and lightweight, it gives a very natural and effortless look. If you have blemishes, the serum foundation won’t cover it all, but for better skin days this is a pretty and affordable choice.
Where to Shop?
You can find everything on the Deciem website. I also linked each product directly in the recommendations list. They ship to almost every country, the minimum for Europe, Great Britain, USA and Canada is 25 EUR/GBP/USD/CAD, check other rates in their FAQ.